· WITH THE GADGET–LOVING CAFFEINE JUNKIE ·

Monday 8 April 2013

6oz Espresso Bar

At the cross-junction of Cecil Street and McCallum Street sits 6oz Espresso Bar on the 1st floor of Tokio Marine Centre. Stepping into the air-conditioned place with glass frontage and lots of wood, I ordered a macchiato. The same neutral palette  white walls and black menus inside, could also be seen in the choice of tables and chairs outside. These were tucked under a long escalator, which explained the high ceiling. Was pleasantly surprised the open-air area was not as warm as expected and thought this was a nice place to people-watch. I could smell the aroma of roasted Arabica beans in my cuppa, served with a Belgian caramelised biscuit. Acidity that hit me with each sip gave way to a pleasant aftertaste on my tongue and I had it sans condiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment