· WITH THE GADGET–LOVING CAFFEINE JUNKIE ·

Wednesday 23 October 2013

4 Fingers Crispy Chicken

4 Fingers Crispy Chicken opened a few years ago in Singapore but I have always been put off by the long queue at Ion Orchard. Set up by four foodie friends who saw and tried several eateries in bustling New York selling Korean-style fried chicken, this is not a franchise from South Korea. Other branches include the one at Plaza Singapura (there was no queue when I passed by after eating at Tim Ho Wan), another three in the Philippines and four in Indonesia. Located at basement 4 opposite the first overseas outlet of Sydney-based burger heavyweight Charlie & Co, the queue was not long enough to deter me from joining after I saw the snaking one at Krispy Kreme. Still, it took me about 10 minutes to reach the counter. Was given a "buzzer" that would light up, sound and vibrate when my order was ready for collection and a good 20 minutes passed before it was my turn.


I would not consider this fast food. Ordered two combos and changed one of the fries to kimchi skinny fries instead of the regular seaweed ones. The half-dozen 4 fingers crispy chicken came in a mix of three mid-wings and drumlets each. For both this and the three pieces of chicken drumsticks, there was a choice of two flavours or mix. Had a mix of soy garlic and hot since it was my 1st time trying and I preferred the former. Coated with a layer of flavourful but a tad savoury sauce and/or spices, the outsides were still crunchy when I ate though I had it as takeaway. Liked that it was not too greasy, and the meat was tender and juicy. However, fries reminiscent of Mac Donald's shaker fries was soggy. Did not like the kimchi ones so sour I cringed with every bite. Oh, and I loved the funky décor of New York subway scene with directional signs and graffiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment