· WITH THE GADGET–LOVING CAFFEINE JUNKIE ·

Sunday 11 December 2016

Mak's Noodle

Founded by Mak Woon Chi in 1920, Mak's Noodle moved from Guangzhou to Hong Kong during the Second World War. It has since expanded from an open air street stall in Central to six eateries with indoor seating (Causeway Bay, Jordan, Tin Hau, Tsim Sha Tsui, The Peak). Its 1st branch in Singapore opened at Centrepoint last year, and can also be found at Westgate and VivoCity. I finally tried at the latter recently for a quick bite before going Sentosa. Ordered wonton and dumpling noodles in soup to try both the wonton and dumpling  both had well-marinated succulent prawns I could not fault. As it was originally intended as a snack, the portion is small which also keeps the springy noodles from turning soggy. While my dining companion thought it was above average, I found it good enough though supposedly not as good as Hong Kong's. Now, I just want to buy an air ticket and fly there to try the real thing at the original Central branch. Wait for me…


Update: The branches at Westgate and Vivocity have closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment