· WITH THE GADGET–LOVING CAFFEINE JUNKIE ·

Tuesday, 21 August 2012

New Kid on the Block – Doutor Coffee

Happened to walk by Doutor Coffee at Marina Bay Financial Centre on Thursday and saw people mingling inside the biggest Japanese coffee chain's 1st outlet in Singapore. A staff at the door however said it would only be opened the next day and handed me a discount coupon instead. When she repeated the same to the two guys who also tried to open the closed glass door, they asked if they could just have a coffee. Nice try, I thought but of course it did not work. It was probably a closed-door event for shareholders and/or media.


While I have never tried Doutor Coffee before, I decided to drop by after lunch on its opening. There were a few people in front of me as I joined the queue and was recommended its mille crepe. Ordered a freshly brewed coffee and took a seat at the back. Interestingly, the backdrop is a drape that sways with wind from the air-conditioner. There was a faint aroma of the roasted beans as I took a sip from the cuppa, which tasted flat and acidic with a tinge of bitterness. Just the way I remembered Japanese coffee to be, not strong enough and similar to the likes of fast food and coffee chains.


You may also be interested in New Kid on the Block – Hoshino Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment