· WITH THE GADGET–LOVING CAFFEINE JUNKIE ·

Tuesday 21 August 2012

New Kid on the Block – Doutor Coffee

Happened to walk by Doutor Coffee at Marina Bay Financial Centre on Thursday and saw people mingling inside the biggest Japanese coffee chain's 1st outlet in Singapore. A staff at the door however said it would only be opened the next day and handed me a discount coupon instead. When she repeated the same to the two guys who also tried to open the closed glass door, they asked if they could just have a coffee. Nice try, I thought but of course it did not work. It was probably a closed-door event for shareholders and/or media.


While I have never tried Doutor Coffee before, I decided to drop by after lunch on its opening. There were a few people in front of me as I joined the queue and was recommended its mille crepe. Ordered a freshly brewed coffee and took a seat at the back. Interestingly, the backdrop is a drape that sways with wind from the air-conditioner. There was a faint aroma of the roasted beans as I took a sip from the cuppa, which tasted flat and acidic with a tinge of bitterness. Just the way I remembered Japanese coffee to be, not strong enough and similar to the likes of fast food and coffee chains.


You may also be interested in New Kid on the Block Hoshino Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment