· WITH THE GADGET–LOVING CAFFEINE JUNKIE ·

Friday 31 August 2012

New Kid on the Block – Jamaica Blue

Took me a while to find Jamaica Blue, which was tucked away by One Raffles Place Tower B lift lobby. The café is contemporary designed with its distinctive blue logo against lots of wood and white. Ordered a Jamaica Blue SignatureTM Blend macchiato and was asked if I preferred it long or short. Settled for the latter with just a dollop of milk foam atop the freshly brewed espresso. Jamaica Blue SignatureTM Blend, a blend of 100% Arabica beans, is a CSR Golden Bean Medal Winner so I just had to give it a try. According to its menu, Wallenford Estate® Jamaica Blue Mountain® is a single origin coffee from the prestigious Wallenford Estate in the Blue Mountains of Jamaica.


After lunch on a Friday, most seats were occupied except for the two round coffee tables with two round 1-seater sofas each. Other customers were probably having lunch and hence their choice of the more appropriate tables and chairs or bench. While waiting for my drink to arrive, a friendly staff asked if I would like iced water and promptly poured me a cup. Looking around, I saw that other customers had a glass flask with iced water on their tables. Could smell the aroma of roasted beans as I took a sip of the smooth and full-bodied coffee with a tinge of bitterness and muted acidity that bordered on the need for sugar. Definitely a pleasant experience good service by cheerful staff, fine coffee and nice ambience.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment