· WITH THE GADGET–LOVING CAFFEINE JUNKIE ·

Monday 4 February 2013

&Made by Bruno Ménard

Did not manage to try &Made by Bruno Ménard's festive specials of Beef & Lobster Burger and Foie Gras & Black Truffle Mayonnaise Burger in December. So jumped at the opportunity to try the 3-Michelin starred chef's new burgers on a weekend afternoon when I was looking for a place to lunch. I ordered neither its Vegetarian Burger nor Bacon & Cheese American Burger, but the Shredded Beef Burger. Was asked how I would like my French fries  original, smoked, garlic or truffle. Fondly recalled the original to be crispy, lightly-salted and good enough on its own but decided to have something different from the last two times. Smoked, it shall be. Could not tell I was eating smoked fries though they were still delicious. Instead of a dash of regular salt, these were sprinkled with "smoked" salt if such exists. And the &made BBQ sauce was no less irresistibly tangy and yummy.


Again, I cut the burger into halves and use my hands just as I did with the DD. A bite of the Shredded Beef Burger brought a smile to my face with its well-balanced taste and texture. Still the same soft and fluffy burger I remembered it to be, with savoury shredded beef and bacon that strangely reminded me of stir-fried ginger meat in soya sauce. Sweet caramelised onion and tomato, crunchy raw onion and lettuce as well as a tinge (not overwhelming) of spice from the black pepper mayonnaise. The beef was juicy, tender and not too dry with just the right amount of mayonnaise that it was not cloying even 'til the end. Overall, it was finger-licking good but a tad salty. Just like the French fries. Same friendly service by cheerful staff though Chef Bruno Ménard was nowhere in sight.

You may also be interested in &Made by Bruno Ménard Revisted.

Update: The bistro has moved to Robinsons Orchard.

No comments:

Post a Comment