· WITH THE GADGET–LOVING CAFFEINE JUNKIE ·

Sunday 26 July 2015

Maison Ikkoku

My dining companions and I were in the vicinity when we decided to check out Maison Ikkoku, located at Kandahar Street. It was dinner time and we were not interested in its rooftop bar, which supposedly commands a view of the Sultan Mosque in Kampong Glam. Waited a while for seats at the ground floor café instead, and managed to get two tables for seven. Though this place has been around for years, most of us have never been here. Ordered a cuppa espresso macchiato  bitter and medium-bodied with a subtle aroma of roasted coffee beans but too acidic for my liking, to go with my choice of Break of Dawn from its weekend all-day breakfast menu. Could neither rave about the pork bratwurst and greens (loved the almond flakes), nor fault the crispy bacon and cherry tomatoes. I did not like the scrambled eggs sitting on top of, and making the sliced toast soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment